- FOUR TIMES UNDEFEATED WORLD AND EUROPEAN TANGO SUPREME CHAMPION AND WORLD CUP WINNER
- ALL ENGLAND PROFESSIONAL BALLROOM CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINALIST
- FORMER WORLD EXHIBITION DANCER
- INTERNATIONAL LECTURER
- CHAMPIONSHIP COACH AND CHAMPIONSHIP ADJUDICATOR
- AUTHOR AND DANCE JOURNALIST
- PROFESSIONAL CREDITS
- CONTACT PAUL
Paul studied Tango in Buenos Aires with the legendary Juan Carlos Copes and Maria Nieves, winning the Grand Slam of Tango competitions and retaining them from 1990-1994 before retiring undefeated. Subsequent winners of the World Championships included Carlos Gavito, Fernando Ghi and Guillermo Merlo.
Paul has written over a dozen dance instructional titles including Dance Class, How to Dance, the Dance Crazy and Dance Club series, Tango Argentino - The Technique. Many of these have now been translated. He is also a regular contributor to Dance Today and to Tango Review.
- Fellow & Examiner of the United Kingdom Alliance of Professional Teachers of Dancing
- Licentiate of the International Dance Teachers Association
- Member of the Academia Nacional del Tango UK
- Five Star member of the International Dance Organisation and England Representative to the IDO for Tango
- Recognised by the British Dance Council, International Dance
- Organisation and the World Dance and Dance Sport Council
- Former resident Dance Expert for the BBC
- Coaching Troubleshooter for BBC Strictly Come Dancing
The Salsa Guide has been adopted by the British Association of Teachers of Dancing as their syllabus technique for amateur and professional examinations.
Tango Argentino - The Technique is widely used throughout the world and is the technique used by most of the examining bodies approved by the British Dance Council.
Paul has also worked extensively as a Consultant to the Creadance organisation in Germany and the Netherlands and has lectured at the major dance teachers' congresses there. Paul has also been invited to lecture on Tango and Salsa at the World Ballroom Congress USA.
Paul is compere of the London International Tango Festival
Paul's light-hearted and fun approach to teaching dancing is underpinned by his enormous experience across a wide range of popular dance styles. His depth of understanding is brought to bear with professional precision as he breaks down technique and style and presents it in an easily understandable, entirely practical and fun way, inspiring his students with his own enjoyment and love of dancing.
Paul has been dancing since the age of seven. A successful period as a Professional Ballroom and Latin American competitor and later in Tango led to a popular Ballroom and Latin American school in the Midlands. He also had a successful parallel career in industry as Group Marketing Manager of a £270m turnover company, the largest of its type in Europe.
Having decided to concentrate on the dance business, Paul moved to London and established a series of highly successful Salsa clubs, one of which was accredited with the title of 'London's No 1 Weekday Salsa Club' by Jazz FM.
He developed the concept of The Dance Matrix and launched it in 1998. Since then the innovative marketing techniques and know-how employed by the Dance Matrix has resulted in Britain's largest national network of leisure dance professionals specialising in the club dance styles. The Dance Matrix now provides professional training and markets dance opportunities and experiences to the general public and for such prestigious clients as Argos, Boots, Lastminute.com, Lloyds TSB, WH Smith and a range of specialist activities and holiday companies. The Dance Matrix has now become a one-stop shop for all matters relating to dance.
4 Fairmead Lodge, 8 The Ridgeway, Enfield, Greater London EN2 8FP
Tel & Fax
00 44 20 8991 1122 (International)
020 8991 1122 (UK)